Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Gifts?

What is Santa bringing YOU for Christmas???  
  •   I've been eyeing these Pandora bracelets  for awhile now.  Problem is, I'm cheap, and these are pretty expensive tho not this simile by Pugster.  If you like the look but not the cost, Pugster may be the way to go. My skin turns green at anything "plated", which is the deciding factor for me. I'll stick to my original plan to save up and go with the real deal.  Most of my jewelry is inexpensive, I deserve nice things.  I'll wait it out.  
  • Books Books and more books!  For my Kindle, that is!Crave: A Novel of the Fallen AngelsLover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9)The Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage)Skipping Christmas: A NovelUnbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain                         (Just to name a few)
  • Movies.. we recently redid the livingroom including a big screen tv and blue ray player.  I've 2 blue ray movies to my name.  Here's a few I'd like to buy...   
Jesus Christ Superstar (Special Edition)Pink Floyd - The Wall 25th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition)Shall We Dance? [Blu-ray]Romeo + Juliet [Blu-ray]                       So that's about it.  Really don't have many needs/wants.  It's nice to say that.  I'd like.... to make my sons move to Alaska easier for him, if I had the means to drop a couple grand in his lap.  I'd like... to rent an apartment for my middle child so that he could experience living on his own without moving in with some friends who aren't... well, the most goal oriented kids on the block.  While we're talking funds, I'd make my little sisters life easier via a few weeks without bills while her disability kicks in.  (Her MS is flaring badly)   I'd give my husband selective amnesia, my dtr a good skin doc who can get rid of that growth near her eye, and the clarity, not only of skin, but of mind, to not be affected by the snotty cliques in her class (the "In" crowd),  the silly boys around her, or the innane nuances of being a little sister to her brothers.  I'd find the perfect from-home job for a friend of mine, and call it a night!  
(Disclaimer: the links weren't hints for Santa, they were a funky way for me to try out the new "Amazon Associate" thingy I signed up for!  If any of my readers click on a link to one of those products, and buys it from Amazon, I get credit! I figured it was a win win to do that, as it makes my sight look better too! )
 Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

BeckysDaily said...

Love this post, and how you would like to help those around you more so than your self!!
I didnt know Brandon was moving to Alaska...My sister-in-law was in the coast guard and was stationed in Sitka for a while. Didn't visit but would love to! I hear it is beautiful. I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Holiday!!

Beck said...

Thanks Amanda! Appreciate you reading! I was hoping to have built up a larger following by now, but alas... guess the stuff isn't that interesting! lol. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!