Monday, August 30, 2010

~ It's the MOST wonderful TIME of the year....!! ~

God, I love this day!  First day of school here in our little town in NH. I've been loving this day for DECADES!  First of all, as a child and young woman, I always loved the first day of school.  The new clothes, the smell of the bus, the classroom, the books.  Oh, the books!!!  Loved them and read ahead all thru primary education.  Fell asleep with a text on my face many times during nursing school.  Just couldn't get enough!  Now I find myself sneaking peeks at my kids books, well... until yesterday, when my son said, "Moooooom!  Will you LET me have MY college experience, please??!!"  woah.  Ok, back off mother textbook info stalker!  lol.  
That brings me to now.  STILL the greatest day, because after 2 months of lounge lizards who needed a lecture and eventually threats to get them to do their chores, the endless trips to the grocery store because they were eating me out of house and home, and the tug o war to get their covers off and their shiny hineys outta bed before noon each morning, I am READY to have them back in school!!!  (whew! deep breaths Beck, and step aWAY from the soap box)
In all honesty, I'm very proud of my youngest heading off to jr. high like it's just another day in the life of a rockstar, and my middle son, the eldest left here at home, who started his college career today.  He EVEN wore a button up shirt!  Of course, his classes were at 11am and 5pm, and he's not home now, 6 hrs later.. but hey, I suppose he's got better things to do than to come home from school and tell Mommy about his day!  Guess I'll be bouncing on his bed at 7am!  hehe.  I love my kids!  
Without further adieu, here are the "first day of school" pics that I promised not to put on Facebook.  If this blog ever gets popular, I'm dead meat with my children!
"Hey Mom, Who has 2 thumbs and is GOING to college?  THIS GUY! " 

First day of school, she and her "bffl" agreed to wear the tshirts they got at a Fisher Cats game we went to recently!  
The backpack, her Daddys hand me down from his deployment in Iraq, weighs as much as she does!
He really thought he was going to school too!

2 comments:

BeckysDaily said...

How exciting! I don't know Jordan now, but I can remember when she was 6 months old feeding her in her high chair....man time flies by far to fast!!

Beck said...

oh, that's RIGHT, Amanda! I had forgotten! It's funny, Derek and Schelley came over last spring, and I think he was blown away to see this little lady running around! hehe! Yes, they grow too quickly! Savor it, honey!